Thursday, January 24

God as a Brand

I tend to have these philosophical discussions with my roomies. It can meander from God to Good and from behavior to endeavor. The works. If I document these entire discussions, then that itself would be a blog. So, one fine day we were discussing God. I know, its such a great topic ... if only I had a rupee for every time god was discussed on a blog, I would not need to work then.

We were discussing God as a Brand ... and a very successful brand at that as well. Imagine, even the non-believers discuss god ... effectively people who refuse to accept the existence of the brand also accept the brand. Can there be a greater brand recall and brand value. I think not!!

Also, imagine, each religion has a different brand of its own. So the concept of god is actually a category and not a brand :-). Being a Hindu, I can only say that my religion has a multi-pronged strategy ... multiple brands. A good example of Segmentation-Targeting-Position. What say?

No comments: